Tubing is often assumed to be circular, but stainless steel tubing can be manufactured into many shapes and thicknesses. From oval, round, and rectangular, to flat shapes as well. The American Society for Testing and Materials has set standards for stainless steel tubing for the benefit of manufacturers and buyers.
Stainless steel does not readily corrode, rust, or stain in the presence of water as ordinary steel does. There are different grades and surface finishes of stainless steel tubing to suit the industry and application it is intended for.
Stainless steel tubing is used in a variety of industries.
- It is used in aircraft hydraulic lifts. These use small amounts of nickel and large percentages of chromium.
- Many factories, mills, and production lines use these components for their machines or in the manufactured products.
- Stainless steel tubes are used in the production of high quality mufflers in the auto industry. Fuel and heat lines need them in order to withstand the extreme elements.
- Industrial, aerospace, military and nuclear developments use highly resistant varieties made with the toughest alloys for their specific needs.
- Households are filled with all kinds of stainless steel tubing. Refrigerators and common household appliances use them.
- Household and industrial gas lines are usually made of stainless steel as well to prevent corrosion and gas leaks.
- Civil water transportation systems use them as they keep the water clean.
- They are also widely used for providing structural support in buildings and vehicles.
KJ Tubing, Inc. provides welded and seamless stainless steel tubing for diverse industries. To find out more, or to get a quote, call (888) 313-TUBE (8823).